There are several reasons for the need for re-surgery or revision surgery of pelvic, including:
- The artificial pelvic prosthesis may be worn or broken; which over time can cause damage to the surrounding bone.
- The prosthesis may loosen, causing pain over time.
- Prosthetic dislocation can sometimes occur when the ball of the femoral head separates from the pelvic socket.
- In rare cases, the prosthesis becomes infected and affects the tissues around the joint.
- All of these conditions can affect the normal function of the pelvic joint and cause pain. In these cases, reoperation of the pelvic joint will be necessary.